Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Knitting on the Road

I've been on a bit of a craft hiatus in these first few months of 2011. Deciding to create all handmade Christmas gifts this year proved to be a very rewarding, yet very time consuming project, so I think I a little rest was well deserved.

I recently started a new job in the apparel industry, and headed out on the road with a coworker for a week or so to meet some clients. Our journey took us all the way from Vancouver, BC to Denver, CO with stops along the way including Boise, ID (not much to see there, sorry Boise), Salt Lake City, UT, Boulder, CO, and Portland, OR which was my absolute FAV stop on the entire trip! If you ever find yourself in Portland, please do yourself the service of stopping by Voodoo Doughnuts, they even have vegan options and they are AMAZING!
http://www.voodoodoughnut.com/

While I didn't have time to pop into any of the knitting shops while I was travelling, I did however take a project with me to help the long hours pass quicker while I was in the passenger seat. I stopped by the always adorable and well stocked knitting shop near my office, Baaad Anna's (http://www.baaadannas.com/index.html) and got my supplies to give the Flagstone scarf pattern by Stephen West a try. You can find the pattern here on Ravelry:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flagstone



Here is a picture of the scarf, about halfway done...in a heaped pile on my lap! Hard to tell what it looks like, but I promise to post an updated picture as soon as I get the scarf finished.






Hopefully I`ll have enough wool left over and I can make a second version, but with a different colour placement. Stay tuned for the final product, and I promise I'm not disappearing for two months again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment