Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sly, Like a Fox


My friends say I'm crafty. While I first thought they meant I was sly, like a fox, it seems more likely that they're referring to my affinity for all things handmade. I learned to knit from my Mom at a young age, and have since taken up every form of handmade craft that I can including crochet, needlepoint, emboidery, crewel, and most recently sewing.

I get really enthusiastic about starting a new project or learning a new technique and will keep myself awake into the wee hours to perfect it or finish that last row. However, I'm easily distracted by the allure a new project brings which has resulted in my shelves and closet spaces at home becoming filled with half done projects and dozens of books and patterns left untouched. I've made a resolution to start completing these projects, and only buy new materials with specific projects in mind - as opposed to buying skeins of beautiful yarns and yards of fabrics just because I like the look of them. My hope is that this blog will hold me accountable for actually completing projects before beginning 10 new ones!

As I'm writing this post, I'm reading an email from a girlfriend saying that our brand new Alexander Henry fabric (http://www.ahfabrics.com/product_details.php?p_id=1802) just arrived in the mail - and in true form, I have NO idea what I'm going to make with it.....sigh....

This is going to be harder than I thought.




2 comments:

  1. Haha, this is great Lynds! Emma and I started a blog too. I know what you mean about not finishing those projects, I have a whole bunch of knitting projects that I have never finished.
    xox Maressa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crazy! Love reading all my friends blogs! Seems like the thing to be doing. I am still waiting for my birthday scarf:) Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete